[lro] doors

From: William L Leacock (roverbilly@juno.com)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 09:43:56 EST

    Paul writes ; My right side passenger doors don't latch well. Looking at
    the latch
    alignment it appears the latch is hitting the striker too low. Can I
    adjust
    the door hinges? Is this difficult?

     If you slacken the hinge fixing bolts (all 4) there is some movement in
    the door resulting from the hole clearances.
     However if the door fit is correct, it is easier to adjust the door
    striker. The holes are slotted for to and fro movement, they can easily
    be elongated in the other direction. An even simpler fix is to grind a
    bit off the bottom of the door latch.

     Regards
     bodger Bill Leacock