[lro] Some questions

From: Paul Schultz (pschultz@vcmails.com)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 12:29:09 EST

    Well, I'm getting a new speedo cable but I've got a couple questions
    regarding my Series III 109 SW:

    My temp and fuel guage needles vibrate significantly. Is this likely a
    voltage stabilizer failure?

    My right side passenger doors don't latch well. Looking at the latch
    alignment it appears the latch is hitting the striker too low. Can I adjust
    the door hinges? Is this difficult?

    The speedometer has a trip odometer. The catalogs refer to a trip odometer
    cable. I can't find how to set this odometer. This isn't a high priority
    replacement. But, before I decide on getting the cable I should find out how
    to re-set the trip odometer!

    My heater airflow cable is snapped where it connects to the control. I'm
    buying a new replacement cable. But, is there any "known failures" in other
    locations within the heater distribution system that I should evaluate
    before I place my order?

    When I have my heater blower on, it feels like there is air blowing out of
    the front wing vent! I definitely feel air blowing within the interior. My
    question is: If the distribution flaps are not operative because of the
    broken cable, would they be in a 'closed' position so that the blower would
    have some 'blow back' through the wing intake vent? Alternatively, I could
    have been feeling the rush of cold air going into the vent. But, it really
    felt like air blowing out.

    Thanks.

    Paul Schultz
    pschultz@vcmails.com