Re: [lro] starter thanks and spare tires

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 04:27:15 EST

    On 12/12/02 7:59 PM, "ynotink" <ynotink@qwest.net> wrote:

    > They put a lot of stress on the hinges. I saw a picture
    > once of a fix someone did for the problem that involved a
    > caster that rolled onto the trailer hitch when the door
    > closed and lifted some of the weight of the spare off the
    > hinges and latch.

    I saw a similar thing:

    Someone put a rubber wheel (~4" dia) below the spare, bolted to the rear
    x-member. When the door shut, the spare tire contacted the small wheel which
    exerted pressure on the spare, lifting it slightly.

    It may have also cured the droopy rear end of his LR, but I'm still trying
    to figure out the physics of that one.

    --pat.