[lro] Re: cold starting/running

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 20:12:48 EST

    >I have an educational conference in February in California near Palm
    >Springs. I don't know nuthin about golf, so I'm hoping there are
    >some LRO's near by that could show me some hilly areas.
    >
    >Anyone live around there or know a club near by?
    >
    >Mark P: 80mph! I'd expect pieces to rattle off!
    >
    >Any tricks on improving the cold starting? I have to crank and pump
    >gas to get/keep going until warm. Strangely, since the Spring
    >Rebuild, the cold start light comes on whenever the coldstart is
    >pulled...
    >It starts and purrs lovely when warm. Ahhh...

    Check that the choke/starting enrichment circuit is functioning
    properly. Retarding the timing a bit generally makes an engine
    easier to start, and may help. Your idle speed may also need a bump
    up, as might the idle mixture screw. You don't say what sort of carb
    you've got, so I can't tell you how to do these things. A radiator
    muff will help the engine warm up faster.