[lro] Major Surgery

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 12:31:09 EST

    On Sunday I hammered the Land Rover down to Timm Cooper at BCB at 80 MPH. 4.5
    hours door to door at 10 MPG which is not very good. Timm will have her now for
    a month. He is going to get radical with a lot of things including Defender Disc
    brakes on the front and a heavy duty NP435 Tranny (I think) The exhausts were
    blowing and 2nd and 3rd gears were grinding and jumping out very often. I just
    wanted to get there a few more miles and all the problems would be fixed. I
    spent a very informative hour in the shop looking at Land Rovers in very advanced
    states of dissassembly, including Simon Harding's. If anyone is interested, I
    will keep you abreast of what happens.
    Kind regards,
    Mark