Re: [lro] Bleeding Series III Dual Breake System

From: Mike Rogers (MikeRogers@mattishall.org.uk)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 04:53:15 EST

    >Then I was trying to bleed the system again. There were no
    > more air bubbles coming out of the bleed screw, so I think there is no
    more
    > air in the system. But I still have to pump the pedal 3-4 times before
    there
    > is any pressure.
    > So, how fix, how find out, who blame information on.

    Oh no not the brake bleeding thread again :-)

    Assuming you have adjusted the shoes up correctly and the extra pumping is
    not simply shifting the shoes out to make contact with the drum. If you do
    not already own one, go buy a pressure bleeding tool like the Gunsons
    Easybleed kit, along with a big can of brake fluid.
    This forces the fluid and air through from the master cylinder without the
    need for pumping the pedal. and usually produces better results.

    I am sure you will receive much more advise on this subject.

    Good luck

    Mike Rogers <MikeRogers@Mattishall.org.uk>
    WWW.Mattishall.org.uk
    Lightweight/Range Rover hybrid
    Keeper of the UK-LRO "Who's Where" list
    (if you can't get there in a Land Rover you can't get there)