Re: [lro] Where's Land Cruiser?

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 13:04:38 EST

    "Down" here in California, the Land Cruiser is quite popular still, but if you
    go all the way to San Jose, you will see a large percentage of Range Rovers,
    mostly the series II and a smattering of "new" ones. I went to a dealership and
    fiddled with the New one for a while. It is an exceptional vehicle, but I would
    not want to get mud on it after shelling out the loot for it. The concentrations
    of particular vehicles seem to center around a big dealer. We have Folson Lake
    Toyota right here and they sell 90 new vehicles per weekend. I have to go a bit
    further into Sacramento to get to Neillo Land Rover where they sell far less
    vehicles. In fact, if you want a new Rangie, you have to order it because there
    are none in stock. The majority of "inventory vehicles" are Discoveries. When
    I said I had a 1989 Range Rover, one of the service tech's said "I'm sorry" and
    snickered. He knows nothing so I let it pass.
        It is with interest that I read the opinions on the TD5 engine, because I
    have just bought one and hope that it is OK. My consolation is that the bad
    news always gets heard and the good ones silently go about their business.
    There is a TD5 110 in England for sale at the moment with 130,000 miles on it
    that has been excellent throughout it's life. It is a 2000 model an so has been
    driven a lot in a short time.
    Kind regards,
    Mark Pilkington