[lro] What the.....?

From: Tom Proctor (t_proctor@daido.net)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 10:06:14 EST

    Alan J. Richer wrote:

    > I have this argument with my emissions testing
    > station every time I bring in an RR to be checked.

    How do you convice the state personel, or do you do you have the
    inspection at a private gaarge?

    Here in NJ, the state inspection stations are the the *production line*
    style where you get out of the vehicle and proceed through the
    pedestrial line while they move your vehicle through the test points. I
    always watch to make sure they don't do the two wheel dyno, but I've
    never realized the revs for the stationary emmissions test would do
    damage!

    Mind you, this inspection has only been in place for the last 2-3 years,
    with inspection every other year, so I've minimized my Disco's exposure
    to damage. But I assume my '96 Discos ZF is just as vulnerable to this
    problem.

    Tom