Re: [lro] Update on the "Aardvark"

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 12:08:19 EST

    >On 12/3/02 3:03 AM, "Stephen West-Fisher" <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> Correct me if I'm wrong, I may be confusing vehicles, but doesn't the
    >> Lucas distributor fire the cylinders at slightly different times? Not
    >> enough to notice a vibration, but enough to change performance and economy?
    >
    >VW Bug? #3 is "retarded" slightly (apparently due to reduced airflow over
    >that cylinder) by moving the sparkplug terminal a wee bit.

    There was discussion on one of the VW mailing lists that VW should
    have reduced coolant flow to the number 3 cylinder in the new bug, so
    that owners would have the same burnt #3 exhaust valve experiences as
    owners of the original did. I think just making the heater not work
    would have been good enough.

    David