RE: [lro] Magnet on a floppy stick

From: Easton Trevor A (trevor_easton@dofasco.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 11:07:04 EST

     A word of caution, when using strong magnets from disk drives. Be sure the
    method of support be it stick, string, glue etc is stronger than the magnet
    or you will add a small magnet to the lost item in your sump or wherever it
    is you are fishing and the only way to get it out is to strip down the unit.
    No need to ask how I know this.

    They can also pinch flesh to the point of blistering if caught between
    magnet and steel "target".

    We use powerful magnets for sheet fanning and these have the ability to
    crush bone too if misused.

    Trevor "ten fingers" Easton :-)