[lro] Re: Happy Chanukkah question No 1

From: Th & S Bennett (apg@bigfoot.com.au)
Date: Sat Nov 30 2002 - 03:28:33 EST

    Can anyone throw more light on the origin of a grille badge on one of our
    Series Rovers? It is a Solihull approved badge with the Land Rover logo and
    reads 'Plus 35'.

    Having sought an answer from several quarters I've received different replies
    from each. But that's OK, it's a Land Rover related issue.

    I've still to get a definitive consensus about what part of the axle and or
    half-shafts are '35%' stronger (or whether it is both front and rear or rear
    only), if that is the meaning of the badge, and just how it came to be
    attached to the grille: That is, as an Oz after market but Solihull or JRA
    approved feature, or whether it was a Brit, Nth American, Texan, Argentinian,
    Malay/Borneo, or African feature.

    Theodore Ted and Solange
    66 S2A 88 'Plus 35', 70 S2a 109 African SafSW. 77 S3 HTUte