Re: [lro] fuel pump

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 12:55:35 EST

    --- Rick Grant <rickgrant@telus.net> wrote:

    > Perhaps not. I have a new pump and my starting behavior
    > is similar to yours.
    >
    > After sitting for more than 18 hours or so the engine
    > fires on the first
    > revolution then dies soon after. Six seconds of cranking
    > later (I've timed
    > this several times) and the engine will light off.
    >
    > Solex carb.

    You need to adjust the linkages and the pumps on your
    SOlex. If you shut down and watch the behavior of the fuel
    inside the carb throat you'll see it is likely dripping gas
    down the carb throat...

    Dave Bobeck is the expert oin this particular problem, but
    I've seen it on Jess' old SOlex.

               ajr

    > Rick Grant
    > 1959 SII 88"
    > VORIZO
    >
    > Calgary Alberta
    > www.rickgrant.com

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com