RE: [lro] Rad muffs?

From: Harald Hansen (harald74@online.no)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 03:29:18 EST

    >===== Original Message From Tom Proctor <t_proctor@daido.net> =====
    >How do they attach? Sandwiched between the grill and breakfast? Snaps on
    >the breakfast? I'm curious if any fasteners are left in place when it's
    >removed.

    I've got a Norwegian military one. It's like those "self-rolling window
    blinds" thingies. You know, you pull them down and they stay in place. If
    you give them a little tug they roll themselves back up. Anyway, it's mounted
    in front of the radiator just behind the breakfast panel, upside-down, and a
    string goes back over the engine and into the firewall. This string is tied
    to a ring that protrudes just over the hand throttle, and the driver can just
    pull on this to cover the radiator.

    It makes no discernible difference to the warm-up time. Here in Kongsberg,
    Norway it's -7C at the moment, so bicycling to work is a tad uncomfortable.

    Regards,
    Harald

    --
    Harald Hansen (harald74@online.no) (Now mailing from the web)
    1975 SIII 109" SW (everyday and trip vehicle)