[lro] Howling noise when driving

From: Toni Hilakari (toni@macpower.fi)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 03:38:49 EST

    >>> The diff can be removed and restored in a hour or two

    I haven't taken a look yet but is it really this easy: just remove
    U-joint bolts from proshaft and half shafts or is there something else
    (in fact is there u-joints at all)?

    >> You're in Finland? http://www.roverfriends.fi/ They seem to speak
    Land
    >> Rover, even if I don't speak Finnish.

    Yes, that is the only club I know of. I already submitted a thread about
    this to their site but in my experiense it is very quiet there. British
    cars are not very popular here so it is not easy to find somebody who
    knows anything about them.

    > If this were my Rover I would:

    Thanks all for your advice. Good information.

    I will report back when I find out what is going on.

    Toni