Re: [lro] painting galvy Q

From: Rich Williams (lndrvr1@nwlink.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 13:06:21 EST

    Simon,

    I just finished painting my galvanized door posts. I went to my local auto
    paints supplier and purchased two solutions (I'll have to look when I get
    home as to their names). The first was a 1:1 mixture with water, take a
    scrubbie pad and work all the surfaces to be painted, then rinse with water,
    then right away scrub down with solution #2, rinse with water, and paint
    within 24 hours. One solution was purple, the other was clear. Any auto
    paint store should have something similar. If you want to paint for
    coverage and not for a serious cosmetic finish, vinegar should work as I
    have heard that from other LRO's as well. Might try David Walker as he does
    a lot of painting for a lot of LROs around here.

    Rich