Re: [lro] Uneven pad wear

From: N Forbes (forbesn@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 11:14:30 EST

    I've got the same thing on my truck, JL. I got my safety inspection done by
    a guy who works on several RRCs in town and was telling him what work I'd
    done to the truck so far (I've already replaced the front pads, rotors, and
    one caliper). He said that he's found he has to rebuild the calipers every
    single time he changes the pads. There are always stuck pistons. I guess
    they are too succeptible to dirt and salt and stuff being thrown up from the
    road. One of my friends is actually planning on ordering a whole set of
    extra calipers so he can always have a rebuilt set on hand before the pads
    need to be changed (he's got three RRs).

    Anyway, don't know if there's any way to solve the problem. An some sort of
    hood over the caliper maybe?

    later,
    Niall