Re: [lro] wiper arms

From: John Karlsson (karlsson@oco.net)
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 09:47:24 EST

    At 11:03 PM 11/21/2002, Tom Proctor wrote:

    >John Karlsson wrote:
    >
    > > I get mine (for dual motors) at West Marine.
    > > Stainless steel arms, and a nice clamp mechanism
    >
    >John,
    >
    >Are these the type that have the tall (or thick depending how you look
    >at it) rubber blade with a bolt and acorn nut securing it to the wiper
    >arm? I've seen these on boats and want them for my 109...

    The arms I am using appear to be AFI Catalog No.
    33002: <http://www.marinco2.com/showProduct.asp?p=33002>, and they are set
    at the shortest length. The blades are AFI Catalog No.
    33901: <http://www.marinco2.com/showProduct.asp?p=33901>. The West Marine
    info is:
             7-1/2'' Standard Wiper Arm 250514 33002 $14.99 USD and
             11'' Classic Wiper Blade 255218 33901 $11.99 USD.

    With this setup the blades don't touch the windscreen frame. Don't forget
    that you will need to drill out the mounting clamp. Not a big deal, as
    it's a standard drill size (1/4", if I recall correctly). Note: The
    standard wiper arm doesn't snap back and stay in the raised position for
    cleaning. If you care about this, you might want to explore one of the
    deluxe arms. There is a short one available, but I've never looked at it,
    so I don't know how it mounts to the shaft.

    John

    John Karlsson
    956 Main Street
    P.O. Box 1023