Re: [lro] Redoing engines, and the dangers inherent therein. Advice pls

From: Paul Quin (pquin@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 23:58:05 EST

    I have to laugh because this is EXACTLY the position that I am in with my
    '61 SII. Can't give you advise myself but I'm eager to read the responses

    Mine's running sort of okay still with a bit of a loss of power compared to
    a few months ago. The compression checked out okay. 125 - 130. I've
    ordered my LT distributor bits from Wise Owl and will be overhauling the
    distributor this weekend.

    I think that I'll be doing a biopsy of the beast this January. Have a look
    at the valves, check the bores and bearings for wear, make a list of the
    worst offenders, then bolt it back together again and start shopping.

    I think that this is the safest route to follow to avoid that dreaded
    shipfitters disease.

    Paul Quin
    1961 SII 88
    Victoria BC