[lro] Sootch Loooogshuree!

From: John M. Baker (jmbaker@bkk2.loxinfo.co.th)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 06:22:46 EST

    Aye, I probably shouldn't have mentioned the aircon! But Bangkok is a pretty
    hot and polluted city, and travelling with vents and windows open is not a
    pleasant experience. I live on the outskirts where the air isn't so bad, so
    most days I don't use it. It takes some of the ooomph off the top end, which
    in a 109 can mean the difference between passing a slower vehicle and not. Its
    funny--I usually cruise around 80-90Kph, with occasional bouts of 100, but I
    pass slower vehicles all the time, including BMWs, Mercedes--even a Boxster
    the other day! I am not even close to being the slowest vehicle on the road
    here.

    John
    Bangkok
    1975 SIII 109 Petrol