Re: [lro] Power Loss

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 11:11:35 EST

    --- Paul Quin <pquin@shaw.ca> wrote:

    > Could a weak coil cause any of these symptoms?
    > (including not flashing the
    > timing light)

    Yup - though i would be more likely to suspect the wire
    from the dizzy to the coil. I've had one of those go bad
    with symptoms much as you describe.

    > How about stuck timing advance weights in the
    > distributor? Bad vacuum
    > advance (retard?)

    Errrrrr....iffy. In that case the timing light should have
    no problems flashing.

    Have you taken a run along the primary circuit with a meter
    when the engine is running? I'm wondering if you're getting
    sufficient +12 to the coil - maybe a bad connection at the
    main lug where the coil + lead connects to the wiring
    harness? A look at the electrical system under load might
    be illuminating.

            ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://webhosting.yahoo.com