[lro] tub repair afterword - tip

From: Simon J. Harding (sharding@schulte-law.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 17:20:20 EST

    I posted several weeks ago about my rotten tub floor stiffeners. The
    longitudinal aluminum floor stiffeners were corroded at each point where
    supported by the steel crossmembers which in turn rest on the frame. I
    obtained some U channel from home despot which is a very nearly perfect fit
    to slip over the floor stiffeners and rivet to the stiffeners. Should be
    pretty un-noticeable, and the material of the U channel, at 1/16th is about
    the same thickness as the floor stiffeners appear to be. Just an FYI for
    anyone who has signs of tub "settlement" like I did.

    I elected to rivet a patch over the hole in the floor rather than seek out a
    qualified welder to make the repair for me. I may yet rivet a plate over
    the whole floor, with cutouts for the fuel tank top access points.

    Simon

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attachments to it are intended
    for use only by the addressee(s), and may contain privileged or confidential
    information. If you are not the intended recipient, go die and permanently
    delete the original and any copy of this message.