Re: [lro] Re: Welding galvanized steel.

From: Frank Elson (frank.elson@ntlworld.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 10:09:17 EST

    Padraic writes: >>>as zinc as a habit exploding when welded, sending balls
    of molten metal everywhere.<<<

    I arrived a friend's many years ago as he was welding.
     He had a bulldog clip (large spring loaded paper clip - dunno if you have
    them in the US) holding his overalls closed at the throat.
     'wot's that for?' asked a young me (yes, I was young once)
    in answer, he undid the clip to show a huge burn blister on his chest. I've
    carried a bulldog clip in my toolkit ever since...useful when angle grinding
    as well...

    Best Cheers

    Reverend Frank
         "(o)======(o)" Bronze Green 110 CSW