Re: [lro] Welding Galvanized Metal Safely

From: MarkoNTL (marko.cosic@ntlworld.com)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 14:50:54 EST

    > Depending on the alloy 35K to 70K PSI. Galvanized sheet is about 50K
    > PSI tensile strength. There are also aluminum bronzes available,
    > which have higher strengths. Silicon bronze is pretty commonly used
    > in automobile production these days.

    The numbers don't mean much to me, but I'm guessing from the sheet number
    about as good as an ordinary mild-steel MIG wire?

    It'd be welding 70x3mm tube and 41x3mm tube to a 6mm hot-dipped plate that's
    part of the chassis - basically given choice between it and grind the galv
    off and ordinary MIG weld which would you choose?