Re: [lro] Time to change the head?

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 16:55:39 EST

    >It's not unexpected. I figured it was just a matter of time
    >before I'd have to do it. But if any of you have experienced
    >a similar symptom, particularly with a leaded head engine,
    >I'd be interested to hear what you found.

    When I burned the valves on my 109 leaded head, I drove a couple
    thousand miles after I started getting valve clearance problems. I
    was resetting the valve clearances at every tank of gas, though. The
    seats were really badly receded by the time I swapped the head. The
    head was cracked enough not to be rebuildable, but I don't think that
    was related to the seats.

    David