[lro] weatherstripping alternatives

From: Toni Hilakari (toni@macpower.fi)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 07:23:46 EST

    I did order generic weatherstrip from Paddocks where they sell it by
    meter. I will drill out the original rivets, remove the old shreaded
    rubber and glue on the new stuff.

    But I believe you can buy similar V-profile rubber weatherstrip from
    most part stores and maybe even hardware stores. The original design is
    so simple that nothing special is needed - just straight pieces of
    rubber and good weatherstrip adhesive.

    For the front ventilation hatches I plan to use basic rubber seals
    intended for sealing your house windows and doors. It has a glue on one
    side. This stuff is sold in rolls and is very cheap.

    Regards,

    Toni