Re: [lro] HELP ...109 in trouble driving across America....

From: Solihull@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 22:37:44 EST

In a message dated 11/10/02 19:27:46, ynotink@qwest.net writes:

<< But the starter motor has stopped working and they need to crank it -
except
> the guy who sold forgot to put it in - so they a re bump starting ! -

If it spins like the starter on the ffr 88 in my care, the starter is
probably actually a 12v version and any decent shop could repair it, try
tractor places. I have a few 24v ignition bits, like a dizzy and coil, but no
step-down box. If needed to mobilize the 109 I'll loan it to you and ship it
out in the AM
Cheers!
John Dillingham
Vintage Rover Service
Canton, Georgia
93 Eurovan 'Red Bettie'
88 Range Rover 'Periwinkle'
85 Range Rover 'Hyacinth'
68 Land Rover 88 (project, for sale)
72 Land Rover 88 'Old 502
72 Land Rover 88 'Nell'
82 Isuzu Imark diesel 'baby deezle'
60 Ex MOD series II SWB RHD
75 Ex MOD 101 forward control troop transport