[lro] HELP ...109 in trouble driving across America....

From: Steve (brit@infowest.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 16:29:08 EST

    Sunday pm - Mountain time 2.30

    Friends are driving my (new) 1976 109 from Philadelphia to Utah for me,,,its a
    24v FFR model

    It's having trouble ---

    Looses power on hills sometimes they have to stop and switch it off and then
    on agin - then its fine ! Why ?

    But the starter motor has stopped working and they need to crank it - except
    the guy who sold forgot to put it in - so they a re bump starting ! -

    They are currently on I40 heading west about to enter Oklahoma - any one that
    can lend a hand advice or HELPPPP

    Thanks

    Steve

    435 772 3457