Re: [lro] Series prices (was NY Times)

From: Frank Elson (frank.elson@ntlworld.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 15:13:11 EST

    Marin wrote: >>> I'd be willing to bet that in most cases, new Land Rover
    > owners think that Series vehicles are just "older" versions
    > of what they just bought. They have no clue as to the
    > Series' weak performance, high maintenance, and
    > lack of creature comforts. So the Series, simply by
    > virtue of bearing the Land Rover name, is being carried
    > along in the upmarket tide that's associated these days
    > with the Land Rover name.<<<

    I totally agree, because we have the opposite in the UK.
     The number of people you pick up in a 110 or Discovery (Range Rover is
    different) who look around and say something like 'This isn't how I remember
    Land Rovers, old tatty things they were.'

    Marin also wrote: >>> Here's
    > a question: as the US prices for Series start climbing, will you be
    willing
    > to sell yours for "big bucks," knowing that it may cost you even more to
    buy another one if you decide to at a later date? Or do you think it makes
    > more sense to hang on to what you already have?<<<<

    how about take the big bucks then use the 50K or whatever to fly to the UK
    and pick up another vehicle.
     And still have change.

    Best Cheers

    Reverend Frank