Re: [lro] diesel idle (was heaters)

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 03:11:27 EST

    They also have to paint the trailer wheels with those white or yellow
    patches to make sure they're turning when they drive off or the tire might
    burst from the friction. Apparently they wheel bearing grease can get close
    to solid.

    Another reason they leave the engines running is that some cargoes, notably
    oils, liquids, etc can solidify so they have heat-exchangers running along
    the bottom of the trailers which is plumbed in to the radiator.

    --pat.