Re: [lro] Vehicle transportation

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 13:09:16 EST

    Just a note. I shipped a 72 109 on a transporter like these and they put it on
    top. For 2500 miles it drooled all manner of oils and coolants from tranny,
    engine and hubs as is the tradition. The deck below had three new high dollar
    Mercedes on it which where spattered in a territorial sort of way from above by
    the airflow. I was not billed, but it was on the truck for a week, so it was
    messy and they threatened to bill me. Ask the driver if yours can go on the
    front of the lower deck if it is a double decker.
    Kind regards,
    Mark Pilkington.