[lro] diesels.. info wanted

From: jan ben (searover83@msn.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 10:14:36 EST

    Hi all,
    I think I'll end up keeping my '83 110 and doing the frameover, not just the
    rear member that it needs. I was thinking abt a dsl conversion. I know most
    people think Tdi is the "right" option, but I was wondering.. has anyone seen
    or seriously investigated the Toyota 3.0 td? what abt the Nissan 4.2 td?
    Also, I see so many Nissan UD trucks running around there's got to be some
    injunkyards. Wonder if it's too heavy..
    And what abt the 6cyl td out of the older Merc's? Somebody just HAD to have
    done that!
    just thinking.. :)
    bye
    Jan