Re: LRO: RE: Series driver height.

From: DaveB (rovergawd@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 13:03:40 EDT

    --- TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com> wrote:
     bottom line is that
    > your
    > hips and feet are in the same relative locations in both 88s & 109s.

    I can slide the defender seats back over the lip at the back of the
    seatbox, which said lip is the greatest hindrance to further back
    sliding of the seats in a series land rover. this really does end up
    creating a huge differenc in the leg position, not just shoulder
    position. I can steer with my knees in the 109 while I roll a
    cigarette, but not in the 88. in the 88 i just let go of the steering
    wheel. Since I've had the steering proeprly aligned, it tracks straight
    enough that I have time to perform the parts of the cigarette rolling
    procedure that require both hands, before the truck starts to veer too
    much into the other lane/soft shoulder/bridge pylon/what have you.

    best
    daveb