Re: LRO: Electrical Issues

From: Brendan Evans (brendan_evans@nols.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 16:25:11 EDT

    I am guessing that I did not, since I don't understand how you are
    using the word polarize in this context. I am pretty much a rank
    amateur learning as I fix one problem and create two more in the
    process. Self extrapolation of learning scenarios created by my own
    need for/lack of knowledge.

    What is involved in polarizing a generator? The Haynes manual did
    not seem to reference it as I think back to it here at work.

    I bolted the generator back into place and reattached the wires to
    what I thought were the appropriate terminals. (There are only two
    terminals on the back of the generator and they are sized differently
    to prevent mixing them up I am guessing.) I then jump started the
    Rover, sparks ensued upon applying the gas.

    Thanks,

    Brendan