LRO: RE: subject tags

From: Carl Kinkade (kinkadegis@alltel.net)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 12:32:21 EDT

    My 2 cents. I am relatively new to both list and I have a Range Rover, that
    I do all the repairs to. Granted I don't do all the off roading that some
    of you do, but I have gotten it dirty. But I read most of the comments on
    both list serves and I learn more about the rover world and it's
    participants. I have used the list to help with some of my repair problems
    in the past and appreciate the responses that I have gotten. But why
    exclude listeners just because of their technical ability, okay they may ask
    dumb questions but at least they are asking questions and are wanting to
    learn.

    I am on a list serve for GIS (Geographical Information Systems) and that is
    what I do for a living, so I feel I am an advanced user. But there are
    people on that list that ask dumb or irrelevant questions, so I either
    delete them or glance through them or answer them, it is up to me. How hard
    is it to hit the delete key?

    My point is all list serves have people of different levels and interests,
    but in order for a list serve to be truly successful you can't exclude
    people.

    Sorry for rambling on,
    Carl

    Carl Kinkade, MCRP
    ESRI Authorized Instructor
    Kinkade GIS
    Using GIS for Public Health and Community Analysis
    Lincoln, NE 68502
    work (402) 420-6882
    fax (402) 420-6882
    kinkadegis@alltel.net