Re: LRO: Re: LRO Mailing List DIGEST

From: Perrone Ford (ford_p@nettally.com)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 11:02:49 EDT

    Ian,

       What's that subscription address?  I own a 91rr, would someday like to own a series, and I believe in doing ALL my own work.  Although I am dreading the day the tranny packs in!  I have to agree that from the perspective of someone who has only owned a rover for a couple of years, all this bickering seems silly.  I can see splitting the list over tech/non-tech users but there is a MUCH easier way to deal with this through filtering but enforcing the use of subject tags like [Tech], or [Accessory], or [Offroad].  That way users could send stuff directly into the trash bin without even seeing it.  Or you could send all mail from a particular user into the bin, and just read the rest.

       But honestly, I don't see the harm in asking basic technical questions of a knowledgeable group of folk regardless of the type of truck.  When you get right down to it, there's not a hell of a lot of difference between one petrol engine and the next, and between one LR chassis and the next.  The series trucks may not have an ECU, and the coilers don't have removable doors, but come on.. there's not THAT much difference in the mechanicals...

    -Perrone