Re: LRO: Re: LRO Mailing List DIGEST

From: Ian Stuart (Ian.Stuart@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 10:41:05 EDT

    On Thursday 05 July 2001 15:19, you wrote:
    > Hang on Bob, this is a Land Rover Owners
    > list and a Range Rover is still a Land Rover. We even have the odd
    > Discovery owner use this bar. last time I popped into the Coil/Range
    > Rover bar it was full of folk who do not like getting their hands
    > dirty.
    We've been discussing this on the UK-LRO list.

    I was here when the first LRO list split, and the split was *supposed*
    to be between the workshop/non-workshop people - with the majority of
    the RR/Disco people being firmly in the non-workshop camp.

    Over time, it has mutated into leaf verses coil tribes - even to the
    extent that some people refuse to discuss the ability of the RR & Disco
    vehicles as serious off-road vehicles, and as vehicles that are
    suitable for home-restoration.

    To us non-NorthAmerican listers, it's amusing/sad/worrying that so many
    people seem so hell-bent on ignoring the later models.

    In the UK, the culture of Hybrid vehicles is much stronger, so we don't
    get as bogged down in the leaf/coil issue.

    Just my opinion...

    --
    Ian Stuart - EDINA, DataLibrary, University computing services.