RE: LRO: Re: New Guy or All about Joe

From: Joseph S Dufresne (Josad@networld.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 02:20:38 EDT

    Matt Peckham wrote:
    .
    >You should seriously consider what type of offroading you enjoy before
    >pretending to know what the perfect rig is. I mean, just because your

    I never said I knew what the perfect rig is

    >friends all do one kind of offroading, doesn't mean you have to follow suit.

    of course not

    >Go out with different groups of guys to the same place and you may find very
    >different ways of handling the trails. And all these things you talk about
    >sure sound like the kind of people who GET TRAILS CLOSED for the rest of us
    >by ripping up the trail with their 44" boggers without regard for the casual
    >4 wheeler who should be able to get through just about anything but

    the group i'm with spends many hours rebuilding damaged trails

    >those
    >ruts created by Mr. Macho with 44" tires. I'm sorry, if you have 44" tires,
    >you have to show off how big your engine is too. It's just part of the
    >image.

    I don't have 44s, but my engine is pretty big

    >The same goes for 38"s.

    why? Most run little chev 350's

    >Whatever you choose, don't screw it up for the rest of us. be the one guy
    >in the group who doesn't rip up the trail and you will have respect in my
    >book.

    Don't assume everyone who lifts their truck doesn't care about the
    enviroment, and you'll have respect in mine

    Joe

    >Matt Peckham

    Joe Dufresne, josad@networld.com; ICQ# 25751950;
    http://tigger.tmcom.com/~josad/
    78 SSII; Smoking Scouts, Rocky Mtn chapter Recruitment officer for Smoking
    Scouts.