Re: LRO: 95 rangie and on...

From: RON WARD (ronward@synovustrust.com)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 08:30:49 EDT

    That's a good question. I think the coil conversion is available/possible on a new body Range Rover, but consider this... The new body style Range Rover is a 2nd or 3rd generation EAS system that is very sophisticated and, I'm told, trouble free. In fully extended height, the new Rangie has more body clearance than a D90. But the smaller, less aggressive tires will limit the under axle clearance.

    I recently went on a weekend off-road event and the truck behind me was a Callaway Range Rover 4.6 with 17" rims and Pirelli Scorpions. We were on level 3 and 4 trails all day, stuff that made lifted Discos and a stock IIa 88" suffer. The 4.6 never hesitated...a surprise to us all. Give it a try.

    Ron Ward

    >>> ccray@showme.missouri.edu 06/29/01 04:10PM >>>

    the 95 range rovers are selling under 20k now.
    i had a 87 classic and liked it. i have
    2 series (so i am posting to the leaf list cause
    i want mechanical-type advise). anyway, could
    i be happy with the new body-style rangie...

    like (for example) does the spring replacement for
    the air-bag suspension work on this model, too.

    other things like that...

    Sincerely,

    Ray Harder