Re: LRO: benefits of coil springs

From: Jim Hall (jimfoo@qwest.net)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 09:35:34 EDT

    Yes I'm a cheap buggah! But the scout leaves are twice as thick as the
    rover ones. The funny thing is that I would expect the rear to break and
    not the front. This is because I extended the spring mount and slightly
    extended the shackle and I haven't extended the bumpstops yet. At full
    articulation, I'm 2-3" away from the bumpstops although the springs are
    not quite bending backwards. They are stopped by the tire hitting the
    tub on the side. However, coupled with the longer travel shocks, I now
    have 18" of rear wheel travel, so I'm not going back. In fact, I'm
    considering extending the front mount and shackles a little.