Re: LRO: War Over Galvanizing Strange New French Guy

From: Jeff Berg (jeff@purpleshark.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 02:05:24 EDT

    >what i meant was that because of steel being rationed, it would have
    >cost them more money to get the same amount of steel as aluminum. a
    >twisted version of the old supply/demand rule.

    You're still wrong... Aluminium cost more then steel but, plain and
    simple,they could not get enough steel as it's allocation was
    controlled by the government. Had they used steel for the body, they
    probably couldn't have produced enough Land Rovers to survive, never
    mind to have created a lucrative export market for the vehicles. This
    export market eventually allowed them access to more steel, which
    allowed them to produce more Rover cars for the home market.

    Regarding your next report, I'm looking forward to Chapter 7: Bare Midriffs.

    jeff

    --
    ==
      Jeffrey A. Berg     Purple Shark Media        Rowayton, CT