RE: LRO: RE: New Guy or All about Joe

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 23:46:33 EDT

    >Up
    >in Ottawa last weekend there was a stock Disco on a trail with a very
    >diverse group. He was dragging parts on the trail, moving all the rocks and
    >tree limbs so he could make it through. Right behind him was a stock, faded
    >red SIIa that made it look like he was on a run to get some milk. Ho hum,
    >no big deal in my Series truck tra lala...

    Hi, I drive a stock, faded red SIIa :) That was me following the Disco...

    That was actually a pretty amusing sight watching the poor Disco trying to
    deal with the trail. Granted, it was a dealer demo truck on street tires -
    but it sure showed off what compromises had been made over the years
    especially with regards to ground clearance. On the trail, it didn't seem
    like 50 years of progress over the SIs in the group. On the trip home, I
    expect he had a much easier time.

    Keith

    Keith's page de home:
        http://keith.miata.net