Re: LRO: Re: New Guy or All about Joe

From: Perrone Ford (ford_p@nettally.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 14:24:38 EDT

    Marin,

       While I respect you a lot as you bring a lot of experience to the list, it pains me that your statements ring true.  I know many leafers don't care about coiler guys, and that permeates with your attitudes.  It seeps into the persona of off-road events, and generally makes for a difficult time planning events between the two groups.  Those of us who own coil-sprung rovers and actually are enthusiasts tend to appreciate the series trucks and learn what we can about the heritage of our marque.  It seems that in large part, the series guys would rather pretend that we don't exist or we are not "real" land rover enthusiasts.  I don't know if its envy, disdain, or elitism, but it really is distateful.  I'd stop in a heartbeat to help any motorist, but with some of the attitudes on this list toward coil sprung rovers and their owners, I don't know why I would bother to stop for a series.

    Maybe thats why coil sprung guys don't wave more to you guys.

    -P