LRO: Re: RE: Painless Wiring & light ?

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 14:42:53 EDT

    > ....Nope...it's not bad to do...in fact Painless sells relay kits thst do
    > just that (although designed for more modern vehicles...GMs I
    think)...just
    > be sure to feed power to both high/low thru relays to battery.

    I have all lights on relays, 1 for low, 1 for hi, 1 for fogs, 1 for off road
    driving, 1 for roof rack forward, 1 for roof reverse, plus relay for the
    electric fan.
    Pretty complex electrical system, but it's all on seperate fuses and 12gauge
    wire so I am hoping it's pretty bullet proof.

    > I can 2nd the endorsement re: Painless products...
    > Pete, did you know that the Painless 7 circuit fuse block uses Packard
    > Electric stackable 4 fuse plastic modules?...

    Didn't know who made em, but knew about the expandability. Think it's
    great. I have the fuse blocks, and relays on the upper edge of the
    bulkhead, just above the heater. It's as far away from the heat and as high
    as possible while still in the engine compartment. I still want to make
    some sort of a splash guard for it though.

    Pete