LRO: RE: Painless Wiring & light ?

From: Tackley, John (jtackley@dit.state.va.us)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 13:57:27 EDT

    ....Nope...it's not bad to do...in fact Painless sells relay kits thst do
    just that (although designed for more modern vehicles...GMs I think)...just
    be sure to feed power to both high/low thru relays to battery.
    I can 2nd the endorsement re: Painless products...
    Pete, did you know that the Painless 7 circuit fuse block uses Packard
    Electric stackable 4 fuse plastic modules?...you can obtain add-on modules
    from NAPA as Echlin parts, snap it onto the 7 circuit and increase it
    ad-infinitum!

    JT/ric

    Have a question about lights. Instead of having the hi beam switch select
    between hi and low beam why not just have it turn the hi beam on or off,
    without effecting the low beam. I know that it is possible to wire it up
    this way, so the low beam stays on when the hi beams come up, but is it bad
    to do?

    Pete