Re: LRO: Yellow Knob will not stay down

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 13:38:00 EDT

    >Then the yellow knob should be in the up position.

    Agreed. Low range is always four wheel drive and the yellow knob pops up
    when you pull the red knob back into low range. The yellow knob down
    position is only used to engage high range 4WD.

    I strongly suggest the purchase of the owners manual. It covers such
    things as this, and regular maintenence things. Some you would never
    know without reading the manual like the suspension "U" bolts should be
    retorqued every 12,000 miles. A worthwhile investment.

    >Low range of course.
    >
    >TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:
    >
    >> Are you in low range or high range when you have problems with the yellow
    >> knob poping up?
    >>
    >> >What does it mean if the yellow knob will not stay down. If you hold it
    down
    >> >the Low will work, but it just pops back up when you let go of it.
    >> >Everything else works. Thanks for the help.

    TeriAnn
                          http://www.overlander.net

      The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
      with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.