Re: LRO: Yellow Knob will not stay down

From: RON WARD (ronward@synovustrust.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 09:44:54 EDT

    Like I said, in 4x2 hight, with red knob forward, pushing down on yellow knob should lock in 4x4 high. But sounds like you have a mod of some sort. I've not tried pushing down on the yellow knob in 4x4 low, red know back.

    >>> Ian.Stuart@ed.ac.uk 06/21/01 04:21AM >>>
    On Wednesday 20 June 2001 19:33, you wrote:
    > Low? Pushing the yellow knob down engages 4wd in high gear....

    Not in my gearboxes...

    <confused..>

    I'm used to:
    black lever on-top-of-tunnel : 1-4 + R
    Red Lever : High <-> 4x4xLow
    Yellow Lever : up=4x2xhigh, down=4x4xhigh
    Black lever on-tunnel-side : back=out, forward=engaged

    There was a mod, in the 70's, whereby you took out the locking-pin from
    the top of the nose of the hi/low section, and used an SI lever to
    change between 4x2/4x4 & Hi/Lo...

    --
    Ian Stuart - EDINA, DataLibrary, University computing services.