LRO: Re: Re: French car

From: jos de vries (J.W.J.deVries@student.tudelft.nl)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 03:50:30 EDT

    Marin,

    > >If you like land rovers IMHO you must also like the 2CV.
    >
    > I understand the 2CV...But the design has never done anything for me.
    You can't argue about that.
    >the flat-sided VW that was based on the German WWII scout car.
    = Kubelwagen

    > This > thing was not nearly as substantial, and it was in essence, a
    re-bodied > 2CV.
    They are called 'Mehari', in 4x4 form the beat almost every Land Rover in
    the dirt.
    2CV's are overhere all over the place, at least if not more realiable as a
    series Land Rover, look out for chassis rust, engines can be swap'd easily,
    it is a all bolt on car. The engine can be lifted by two men, you can take
    the fabrik cover off the roof. The overhang in corners is big. they do
    feature in fims. .... Just like a series Land Rover.

    > I do like the big Citroen (the long, angular one), although I have no idea
    if
    > it's a good car underneath the nifty body or not. And didn't Citroen team
    > up with Maserati to produce a performance version of the DS? Maybe with
    > a Maserati engine in the Citroen body? Or am I totally misremembering
    >things again?
    Not totally, that was the MS, (1974?), also with those 'in the corner
    looking' headlights. The much later XM (1995?) looked verry similar to that
    MS.

    > I know nothing of their current cars, although I'm
    > going to visit a friend who works for Airbus in Toulouse this October, and
    I'm
    > trying to find a company in that area that has a Citroen C5 for rent.
    It's supposed to be a pretty neat machine, but so far I haven't found a
    company >that rents them.
    Persanally I don't like the c5, do you have the Audi A2 overthere? really
    ugly!!

    > And speaking of old, weird cars, here's one I suspect no one will know
    (including me).
    sorry not me, born in 1970.

    gr JOS

    Jos de Vries