Re: LRO: More opinions sought

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 02:57:38 EDT

    > My 109 frame is at the sandblaster here in L.A. along with
    > everything else
    > steel on the rover. Bulkhead, galvie bits etc. I'm just curious
    > how much
    > you paid for you blasting. My blasting came to $250 for the works.

    Wow, I thought I paid too much for sandblasting. I got my bulkhead,
    T-pieces, all galvy trim, rock sliders, and the steel supports for the
    bottom of the tub done and it cost me $375 or something insane. I just
    about fell over when he told me the bill. It took him 5.5 hrs. and he
    charges by the hour. The problem is he's about 100 years old and moves
    like it, so I fear a young healthy dude could've done it in about half
    the time. Well, that's what I get for not getting an estimate up
    front--it was a backyard operation so I thought it'd be nice and cheap.
    Ha!

    bill