Re: LRO: More opinions sought

From: Russ Wilson (gambrinus66@mail.earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 21:58:05 EDT

    >In a message dated 6/19/01 8:22:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    >paddlers@nwlink.com writes:
    >
    >> Now once I have
    >> it down to raw steel I have two choices.
    >>
    >> A) I can give it a coat of POR 15.
    >>
    >I had thought that POR 15 needed to react with some amount of rust in order
    >to work properly. Would it work if you sandblasted to bare metal?
    >
    >Ed Bailey
    >66 S2A SWB (Millennium Falcon)
    >Somewhere in East Tennessee

    I've been told that if you get stuff blasted and want to POR 15 it, you
    need to hose it down and let it sit for a week or two so that it gets that
    nice thin layer of surface rust. When you are done you are left with a
    nice smooth black finish.

    Russ and Leslie Wilson

    "Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come
    to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
    --Ronald Reagan