Re: LRO: How Much Oil For An Oil Change ?

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 21:04:17 EDT

    On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 HeirPhoto@aol.com wrote:

    :Okay, dumb question but the manual for the Series III Lightweight says 11 1/2
    :pints US and an extra 1 1/2 pints for the filter too. That's 13 pints or 6
    :1/2 quarts. That only just makes the "L" on the dipstick. Am I missing
    :something here? It does not look like enough.
    :

    My Land-Rovers have had three marks on the dipstick. The top is the max
    fill line, the bottom is the min fill, the middle is min fill for stationary
    or extreme slope operation. There's about a US quart and half between the
    extremes. Fill it to the top line, it's 7 US quarts and a bit.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.